This is how it works. Whoever started this meme left five "clues," which were passed onto me via multiple flisters. I've responded with the five stories that meet the criteria of the clues. You can do so too, should you wish, and/or leave a clue for me. The clues can be anything from "Your favorite story" to "Story in which the most characters died" to "A story that includes both a threesome and a wrench."
These are the original five clues:
1. Your story with the closest word count to 1,662 words.
2. Your story in the rarest fandom you write in.
3. The longest story you've ever written.
4. The story that's title starts with the last letter of your user name.
5. Story written for your favorite prompt you've ever gotten.
1. all the lost, forgotten things
, 1714 words, which is an interpol fight club AU.
talking about all the tags/warnings in the AO3 page:A: IT KIND OF LOOKS AMAZING
A: IT'S UNDER TWO-THOUSAND WORDS
A: OMG I JUST NOTICED THIS HAD FIFTEEN HITS
me: Graphic Depictions of Violence, Major Character Death, Rape/Non Con, Underage
A: i think my favourite thing
A: my actual favourite thing
A: about this
me: age difference, apocalypse, alternate universe - slavery, alternate universe - gender changes
A: is that this was a GIFT for someone
me: SORRY, HOLLY ILU
2. for every ending
, which is uh, that miami vice movie with Colin Farrell, and i don't think there's a fandom for the movie (though i'm sure there's one for the tv series), so there.
3. fess up you dressed up to kill yourself.
, ~18,000 words (not including the 6000 words outtakes) which is an interpol underaged-hooker-fic serial killer assassins AU. A: ahaha oh god tell the flist not to read it though, i don't think they'd be quite prepared
, which, if you weren't already warned away by the description, should just about cover it. unless of course, underaged-hooker-fic with serial killers and assassins is your thing, in which case, carry on.
4. Running up that hill
, is the latest of mine with the letter R, which is Star Trek, and Kirk/Ayel, and idek i wish my interest in being in the star trek fandom had lasted more than like, two weeks, but there you go.
5. so i'm working on this vampire!AU fic, and at one point i begged A. to watch Pathology again with me, because um, i wanted to? and i promised her something in return, and she prompted me with "nathan/peter wall!sex", and so i wrote this, which i mean, wall!sex, best prompt ever! but then it doesn't fit at all into the mood of the vampire!AU fic proper, so it won't go anywhere but here, but it's my favorite prompt, so: ( vampire!fic!porn!outtake! )
A. also asked me two questions:
6. What is your favorite story?
Well, this was difficult, mostly because i start to hate everything just about the second after i put it out there, and most of the time i think people are just generally really nice and too kind to my fic because
because i suck
all i ever see after i post it is "oh god this is so horrid and so filled with errors and clunky phrases and overall terrible writing how could anyone have enjoyed it?", so, you know. favorite stories, not so much. that said, one day it will please us to remember even this
, which is a My Chemical Romance girl!fic in which Gerard Way wakes up a girl, and like, i don't even know, it took me about a year from the time i started writing it to like, actually figuring out the ending and for the longest time i never even imagined i'd finish it and i wasn't even in the fandom anymore when i finally did. and you know, i'd actually change a fair bit of it now? but for the most part i'm still fond of it.
7. What story reminds you of the color yellow.
i think that the closest i can think of is passing scenes from five epics about josh homme and dave grohl that will never be written
, because it's meant to be vaguely toury-type summer fic?